Greetings!

Welcome to Superoceras, a blog about science and natural history, slightly biased towards paleontology and zoology, but inclusive of all sciences. Started in October of 2009, my goal is to communicate scientific knowledge (and the occasional piece of nonsense) in an informative and entertaining manner. Feel free to contact me with questions, comments, concerns, or criticism at superoceras(at)gmail(dot)com, and follow me on Twitter @Superoceras for all that and more in 140 characters or less!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Charlie is my Darwin.

Founded in 1994 in an attempt to get good old "Chucky Dee" on a Bank of England bank note, The Friends of Charles Darwin succeeded in their endeavor, and today have 2807 members in 82 countries (not to mention Mr. Darwin's likeness on the £10 note).

That's great news for me, because it means I can join this fantastic organization. I had previously written about his life, and his masterpiece On the Origin of Species, but I just want to stress again the importance of this man's work. In the words of Theodosius Dobzhansky, "Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution." I couldn't agree more.

Thank you Mr. Darwin. It is an honor to call you a friend.

Darwin

Image of Charles Darwin from the Friends of Charles Darwin website. Be sure to check out their blog as well!

2 comments: