Greetings!

Welcome to Superoceras, a blog about science and natural history, slightly biased towards paleontology and zoology, but inclusive of all sciences. Started in October of 2009, my goal is to communicate scientific knowledge (and the occasional piece of nonsense) in an informative and entertaining manner. Feel free to contact me with questions, comments, concerns, or criticism at superoceras(at)gmail(dot)com, and follow me on Twitter @Superoceras for all that and more in 140 characters or less!

Friday, December 09, 2011

Gasoline? Where we're going we don't need gasoline.

If you've spent some time here at Superoceras, you may have realized that in addition to being interested in science and natural history, people might consider me a "geek" for a lot of other reasons.  I certainly do fall into more than one geek subgroup, that's for sure.  So when two of my geeky interests intersect, I'm all for shouting from the rooftops about it.  But I don't have a 30 ft ladder which I would need to access said roof, so I'm going to use the blog instead. Here it goes: The DeLorean DMC-12 is coming back, and this sucker's (all) electrical!

Pictured above: the greatest car ever. Image uploaded to Wikipedia  by Grenex
Great Scott! Now, I've seen a DeLorean that generates electricity using plutonium to power a nuclear reaction.  And I've seen that same DeLorean converted to use garbage to produce energy from a fusion generator. But this particular DeLorean still required a tank of gas to power its internal combustion engine.  Kudos to the DeLorean Motor Company for planning to begin production an all-electric version of this iconic vehicle in 2013.  I wonder if you can get 1.21 gigawatts off a full charge?

I'm used to seeing the DeLorean mashed up with various other geeky interests of mine.  But the collaboration of the DeLorean Motor Company and electric car start-up Epic Electric Vehicle is truly heavy.  Time to start saving those pennies!

No comments:

Post a Comment