Greetings!

Welcome to Superoceras, a blog about science and natural history, slightly biased towards paleontology and zoology, but inclusive of all sciences. Started in October of 2009, my goal is to communicate scientific knowledge (and the occasional piece of nonsense) in an informative and entertaining manner. Feel free to contact me with questions, comments, concerns, or criticism at superoceras(at)gmail(dot)com, and follow me on Twitter @Superoceras for all that and more in 140 characters or less!

Friday, September 24, 2010

ART Evolved's Pink Dinosaurs

This has been a very long week. By yesterday evening, I was completely beat, without an ounce of energy left in me. Walking to my car, I felt the tell-tale buzz of my phone, indicating that I had an e-mail. Reluctantly, I pulled the phone out of my pocket and went to check the new message. I was immediately glad I did. It was a message from the ART Evolved Crew! Joy of joys! I clicked on the item and began to read. With each word, I became more and more interested, and I felt the energy returning to my being. It's official: the "Crew" has it going on, and here is why.

ART Evolved's Pink Dinosaur Fundraising Event, a "Paleo-Art For A Difference" presentation. Images used with permission from the ART Evolved Crew.

Next Friday is the first of October, and October, among other things, is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Like Peter Bond points out in his introductory post, we've all known someone who has had, or who has been affected by, cancer. Now you know as well as I do that paleo-art is important. I mean, it's probably one of the most important things ever. And not just because we can learn from and educate with it. More so because it is fun to draw dinosaurs! But also, now, you can use paleo-art to benefit society in another way. Draw a pink dinosaur, submit it to artevolved@gmail.com, and help raise money for the Canadian Cancer Society. For every pink dinosaur submitted, one (US?) dollar will be donated by the ART Evolved administration, and your piece will be posted on the AR
T Evolved blog. You can also donate directly to the cause. Do both! They are only trying to raise $500, and I hope they can get even more.

The Pink Dinosaur Event Page can be found here, and the post at ART Evolved: Life's Time Capsule can be found here. I'm with the "Crew" 100% on this. I know I rarely get around to submitting to their galleries, but this month, there will be no excuses. Actually, I have to warn the admins over at ART Evolved: there is a good change you'll get a dino a day from me. But no worries. I'll be donating a dollar for each piece I submit as well. So the bottom line is, get out your pink crayons, paper, markers, etc., and start drawing your pink dinosaurs!

October is coming... are you ready? I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment