Greetings!

Welcome to Superoceras, a blog about science and natural history, slightly biased towards paleontology and zoology, but inclusive of all sciences. Started in October of 2009, my goal is to communicate scientific knowledge (and the occasional piece of nonsense) in an informative and entertaining manner. Feel free to contact me with questions, comments, concerns, or criticism at superoceras(at)gmail(dot)com, and follow me on Twitter @Superoceras for all that and more in 140 characters or less!

Monday, October 04, 2010

Order of the Science Scouts


I cannot believe I didn't post about this sooner, as I've known of it for a while. The Order of the Science Scouts of Exemplary Repute and Above Average Physique (O.O.T.S.S.O.E.R.A.A.A.P., or Science Scouts, for short) is, "by the grace of all that is good about science", awesome. They let you put sweet badges on your website or blog, "tweet" about science all day long, and are gonna have the best secret base ever as soon as they raise the 1 trillion dollars to build it. There are several badges that I'll eventually need to get onto Superoceras, but for now, I think I'll start off with this one.


This is the new "Who needs a post graduate degree? I can do science... CITIZEN SCIENCE!" badge. Given my current lack of Ph. D. and frequent blogging about topics I have no authority on, I hope I'm deemed worthy of "wearing" it proudly. Maybe I'll make one to wear in the real world too. Either way, I can't miss out on posting about the Science Scouts, or displaying their badges. So go get yourself some, and spread the word about the Science Scouts today!

3 comments:

  1. You DEFINITELY earned this badge:
    http://www.scq.ubc.ca/sciencescouts/the-i-may-look-like-a-scientist-but-i%e2%80%99m-actually-also-a-pirate-badge/

    ReplyDelete
  2. No joke! But I think I would actually have to invert the words "pirate" and "scientist" to make it fit perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made myself a "sash" of sorts. Check out the bottom of my blog!

    I really hope that they get to work making actual badges so I can make an actuall scout sash or vest.

    ReplyDelete